By J R Partington
Read or Download An Advanced Treatise on Physical Chemistry. Volume Two: The Properties of Liquids. First Edition. PDF
Similar chemistry books
Constructed from a chain of meetings to facilitate the appliance of mathematical modeling to experimental meals, this ebook comprises examples of functions of modeling to supplements, proteins, amino acids, and effort metabolism. It comprises mathematical remedy of advanced metabolic strategies.
Content material: Chemistry of monohydric alcohols / F. M. Benitez -- Methanol : manufacture and makes use of / Thomas F. Kennedy and Deborah Shanks -- Methanol from wooden in Brazil / Victor Brecheret, Jr. and Antonio Jose Ayres Zagatto -- Ethanol: manufacture and purposes / I. B. Margiloff, A. J. Reid, and T. J.
- Biomaterials.. Interfacial Phenomena and Applications
- Chemistry of Heterocyclic Compounds: Quinolines, Part I, Volume 32
- Hate, Hope And High Explosives: A Report On The Middle East
- Exploiting Chemical Diversity for Drug Discovery (Biomolecular Sciences Series) (RSC Biomolecular Sciences)
- A review of the literature published between April 1978 and March 1980
Additional resources for An Advanced Treatise on Physical Chemistry. Volume Two: The Properties of Liquids. First Edition.
The process parameters have to be formulated as intensive quantities. , high-pressure homogenizers), the power is being introduced by the liquid throughput. Here, the relevant intensively formulated power P is therefore power per liquid throughput, P/q. In nozzles, P ϰ ⌬p q, which results in P/q ϭ (⌬p q)/q ϭ ⌬p[M LϪ1 T Ϫ2] (44) Therefore, the volume-related energy input E/V and the throughput-related power input P/q (⌬ ־p) represent homologous quantities of the same dimension. For the sake of simplicity ⌬p will be introduced in the relevance list.
15. 16. 17. 18. 41 Lord Rayleigh. The principle of similitude. Nature 95, No 2368 (March 18), 1915, pp. 66–68. E. Buckingham. On physically similar systems: illustrations of the use of dimensional equations. Physical Review (New York) 2nd Series 4:345–376, 1914. M. Zlokarnik. Dimensional Analysis and Scale-up in Chemical Engineering. Springer Berlin, New York, 1991. J. Pawlowski. Die Ähnlichkeitstheorie in der physikalisch-technischen Forschung (Theory of Similarity in Physico-Technological Research; in German).
On the other hand, the frequency depends on the size of the mill chamber and therefore on the overall mass-related energy input. To achieve the same grinding result in different-size bead mills, Ekin as well as E/V have to be kept idem. The input of the mechanical energy can be measured from the torque and the rotational speed of the perforated discs, and the kinetic energy can be calculated from Eq. (53). The preceding assumption was examined with the same material system and the same grinding media (beads).
An Advanced Treatise on Physical Chemistry. Volume Two: The Properties of Liquids. First Edition. by J R Partington